Using sport to bring people together, build relationships and see people of all ages become enthusiastic followers of Christ who are living contagious Christian lives.
Our Founding Bible Verse
Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavours of this earth. Matthew 5:13
Nelson Mandela once said, “Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sport can create hope where there once was only despair.”
That’s true, to a certain extent. But what if the words “sport” and “It” were replaced with “God” and “He?” God has the power to change the world. He has the power to inspire. He has the power to unite in a way that little else does. He speaks to youth in a language they understand. God can create hope where there once was only despair. That’s true transformation!
What We Do
Salt Factory Sports provides opportunities for people of all ages, abilities, backgrounds and beliefs to lead a healthier and more active lifestyle, to become more involved in their communities and to improve their physical, mental and spiritual well-being. We work in two main areas:
- Churches and Communities
- High Performance Teams and National Associations
We aim to support Churches in connecting and building relationships in their local communities, train an increasing number of Churches in developing sustainable sports outreach projects, and partner with Churches to run sport-based clubs and missions both locally and internationally. Activities include:
- KICKSTART: a 4-week evening course to support Churches in setting up and developing sustainable sports ministries in their local area
- SUPERHEROES: an activity-based health, well-being and resilience programme for Primary aged children
- UNIFORMED ORGANISATIONS: fun games/sports activities with a devotion
- FAMILY FUN DAYS: supporting Churches to engage with families in their local communities
- SPORTS BREAKFAST HUB – teens drop in on their way to school for breakfast and sports/games
- YOUTH CLUBS/FELLOWSHIPS: fun games and sports with a devotion
- MISSION TEAMS: training and leading Church mission teams both in Ireland and internationally
- DANDERBALL: football and other appropriate sports for the over 50’s, with a devotion
- SPORTS MENTORING: weekly sessions with pupils who are struggling and need some extra support
- COMMUNITY SPORTS HUBS: partnering with Churches to run a weekly sports outreach in their local outdoor sports facility
- SUMMER CLUBS: partnering with Churches to run children’s and teen sports clubs
We aim to support schools by using sports-based activities to build relationships and create evangelism/discipleship opportunities and to see children and young people of all ages and abilities engaged in fun and safe sports activities. Activities include:
- PLAY BELIEVE LIVE CLUBS: a multi-sport after-school programme for primary schools. A different sport is played each week alongside a Bible story and activity sheet.
- SUPERHEROES: an activity-based health, well-being and resilience programme for Primary aged children.
- PURSUING PE: leading PE lessons in both Primary and Secondary schools as a one-off or set of lessons, with a “Thought for the Day”.
- COACHING SCHOOL SPORTS TEAMS: in various sports whenever the school cannot do it themselves.
- LUNCH TIME HANGOUT: year-round at lunchtimes (one or two days a week) to play games and build relationships with the pupils.
- SCHOOL ASSEMBLIES, SU GROUPS and RE LESSONS: leading primary/post-primary school assemblies and supporting their SU groups and RE lessons.
- SUMMER CLUBS: partnering with schools to lead children’s clubs.
- SUMMER SPORTS CAMPS: partnering with schools to lead teen sports clubs and camps.
- FITNESS/ACTIVITY DAYS: leading a series of fun sports and games for classes or year groups.
- P7 LEAVER DAYS: fun activity days for P7s
- YEAR 8 INDUCTION DAYS: fun activities for year 8’s
We aim to engage, build relationships with and support high-level sportspeople, coaches, teams and National Associations in order to create evangelism/discipleship opportunities. Activities include:
- EMERALD ISLE INTERNATIONAL:an annual multi-sport competition for performance teams.
- MISSION TEAMS: teams trained and sent across the world to lead clinics and play matches against local teams.
- COACH DEVELOPMENT:in various sports, where and when it’s required.